Wednesday, August 30, 2017

GOSPEL SINGER, TASHA COBBS & NICKI MINAJ - THE COLLABORATION, THE CONTROVERSY


Gospel music songstress,Tasha Cobbs Leonard  released her album ‘Heart.Passion.Pursuit’  last Friday August 25th.

The album features the rap mogul Nicki Minaj on a song titled “I’m Getting Ready.” and Tasha has been expressing her excitement over Minaj’s decision to praise God.




She shared a heartfelt message to Nicki Minaj, appreciating her for boldly expressing her love for God.

“I want to take a moment to appreciate my friend @nickiminaj!!! Thank you for shouting your praise for the world to hear and for putting your love for God on display.”

The ‘Break every chain‘ crooner then went ahead to say a prayer for the hip-hop rapper adding that she believes Minaj’s verse on the song can help people draw closer to God.

“As I tell you often, I’ll say it for the world to hear… I will forever cover you in prayer! Many will be blessed and have an authentic God encounter because of the stand you chose to make with this record and THAT is all that matters!!!”


On her verse for the song, Minaj raps about God helping her overcome poverty.

“Beach house vibes maneuver the jet ski, cause I serve the God that parted the red sea Multi-million dollar commercials for Pepsi, from food-stamps to more ice than Gretzky.”

The rap mogul also goes on to speak against her opposition in the song.

“I don’t gotta talk the Lord defends me, I watch them all fall for going against me, cause me and all my angels shot the devil up.

While you was trying to pull me down I leveled up.”

After telling people to “prepare for a miracle blessing in these times,” Minaj decides to close her verse with her version of Proverbs 18:21.

“Now praise Him, raise Him, name it, claim it. Every tongue that rises up against me, shame it.

I breathe success in and out my lungs. Got the power of life and death coming out my tongue.”


Tasha Cobbs Leonard’s signature powerful voice can be heard leading a choir on the chorus of the song where they sing, “I’m getting ready to see something I’ve never seen.”


The 36-year-old gospel music singer had previously received backlash for working with Minaj, a mainstream rapper who hasn’t shied away from using vulgar language in her music.


However, Tasha  took to her Instagram page to defend the rapper with Romans 14:1 from the MSG Bible.

“Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do.

And don’t jump all over them every time they do or say something you don’t agree with—even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department.

Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.”

She went on to use hashtags to tell people that the 34-year-old rapper born as Onika Maraj might have a better relationship with God than some Christian critics.

??”#KingdomAgentsEverywhere #ImGettingReady #MyGirlSMASHED #IfeelJesusEveryTimeIHearIt #tears

#IntoAllTheWorld #SheknowsGodBetterthanSomaYall #andHeKnowsHer, (SIC)

Let’s Go Boo!!!! @nickiminaj #heartpassionpursuit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment